Open Society Foundation
Deadline: 15 May 2020 (annual)
Study in: various countries
The course starts Aug/Sept 2020
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provide fully-funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
Host Universities in France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, UK, Ireland and the United States.
See the 2020 CSLA Host University Guide.
Level/ Field of study:
Master’s Degree Programme in the following areas:
• Communications, Journalism & Media
• Culture, History & Society
• Development Studies
• Education Management & Leadership
• Environment & Natural Resource Management
• Gender Studies
• Human Rights
• Law (including Human Rights law)
• Politics & International Studies
• Public Health Policy & Health Management
• Public Policy & Administration
• Social Work & Social Policy
See some of the courses that can be funded by this scholarship:
Number of Awards:
The awards are available to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
CSLA grantees will receive financial and administrative support for the following: pre-academic preparation via summer schools; program-related travel; tuition and mandatory university fees; monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses; accident and sickness insurance during the program; funds for educational materials and professional development; attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference; accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Be a citizen of an eligible country
- • Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- • Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 May 2019 and an excellent academic record
- • Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area
- • Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities
- • Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020
- • Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- • Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development
Applications are currently closed.
Interested applicants must complete and submit an online or paper CSLA application in English to be considered for CSLA support. Applications must be submitted by midnight, 15 May 2020, Eastern Daylight Time.
It is important to read the 2020 CSLA Guidelines visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-awards